NCAA Tournament Challenge
With March Madness under full swing, most of us are found lounging around watching basketball every chance we get. However, it’s important to stay active through all of the excitement that it brings.
The challenge to stay active during the madness:
- Make it a goal to get a “March Madness” workout in each day before the games begin. Include stretching and exercises that the basketball players might do – stretching, weight training, and cardiovascular activity.
- Grab a friend and go shoot some hoops to get into the spirit.
- Instead of watching the games on your couch, go to your local gym and watch them while on the treadmill or bicycle.
- Take a couple minutes of each half to devote to stretching, push-ups, or an ab workout.
- Get up in between games and walk around until the next tip-off.
If you need any suggestions of stretches or workouts that would be beneficial to you, feel free to contact us via phone, Facebook, or Twitter.
Mathis Physical Therapy and Hand Center